COVID-19 Safety Measures
The Covid-19 crisis has been incredibly impactful in all respects and has made both routine and urgent medical care very challenging. Our office is now available for face to face consultations and is no longer limited to “urgent” patients or telemedicine visits. It is critical that patients feel comfortable coming to our office and we continue with numerous safety measures and follow all Covid-19 precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. The measures previously instituted continue and include:
1. Our schedules have been revised and arranged such that only one patient is in the office at a time.
2. Upon arrival the parent and patient temperatures are obtained at the door with a non-touch scanning thermometer, the parent completes the Covid 19 risk assessment form and the parent and patient are escorted directly to the exam room and do not spend any time in the waiting room.
3. All patients (older than 2 years of age), parents and office personnel must wear a mask.
4. We request that only one parent attend the appointment and no siblings are permitted to be present in the office.
5. Except for the needed proximity during the physical examination, we maintain a 6-foot separation from the patient and parent.
6. All rooms have soap dispensers for hand washing for the patients and the medical personnel and all patients and parents are asked to use it before and after the consultation.
7. Any room in which a patient is seen is completely disinfected between patients.
8. There is a gap of at least 20 minutes between patients to allow for full circulation of air and to avoid any contact with other patients.
9. For safety reasons, we have (unfortunately) removed all toys from the exam rooms.
Feedback has been quite positive to all of these precautions. Parents acknowledge the safe environment we have created with no time in the “waiting room” and no exposure to other patients and parents. However, if you remain uncomfortable with face-to-face consultations we continue to offer telemedicine consultations.
Our Approach to Medical Care
All medical care is delivered by our experienced physicians, starting from the comprehensive history and exam to telephone and on-call responses with no intermediaries. We ensure plenty of time for education, treatment explanation, discussion of alternatives and answering questions with no “watching the clock”. The environment is calm , the approach personalized, and the office flexible – mindful of the needs of the family. One of the concepts of our office has been integrated care, given the significant overlap amongst pediatric ENT, GI and Allergy problems. The three of us have many years of working together and easily combine our individual expertise to provide a multidisciplinary approach when needed. In addition, we maintain close contact with the primary care physicians to ensure timely and complete communication. Complex medical problems are best managed by direct discussion between the primary care and specialty doctor.
Expertise with a Personal Touch
At PSP, our goal is to provide expert specialty care for children and adolescents, working in partnership with their families and other medical providers. Recognizing that health and comfort are central to every child’s quality of life, we blend new and traditional approaches to diagnose and treat each patient in our practice.
Seth Pransky, MD: Pediatric Otolaryngology/ENT
Alex Greiner, MD: Allergy and Asthma
Rebecca Cherry, MD, MPH: Pediatric Gastroenterology (available for telemedicine consultation only)
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8am – 6pm.
We are also able to offer extended hours, with appointments starting as late as 7pm, based on patient need.
We are conveniently located just off the I-5 freeway.
Free parking is available both in front of and behind the building. You will see signs in the lot telling you to download an app and pay for parking. There is no need to do that. Please give us your license plate number while you are checking in so that we can register your car for free parking.